Delivering Service Excellence
Building Strong Customer Relationships
Training Journal Award Finalists in 2 categories:
Best Commercial Programme & Best Training Partnership
Skipton Building Society were looking to;
- Develop consultative sale skills, optimise performance and drive an improvement in the customer experience.
- Optimise Advisers’ capabilities to build and sustain long term customer relationships based on trust and consistent excellence.
- Bring about a shift in sales and management culture from a numbers centric approach to one where the customer takes priority.
- Implement a consistent value proposition and a best practice approach for customer conversations that puts the customer’s needs first.
- Deliver a sustained uplift in commercial outcomes by improving the customer experience.
Success for Skipton was about ensuring Advisers were able to explain the value of their service for each customer and build a long-term relationship.
The society sought a specialist consultancy to work alongside their Learning & Development team in the design and delivery of training for Managers and Advisers across multiple regions and branches.
After an intensive discovery process, Bigrock designed a bespoke programme including;
- A Train the Trainer event to upskill the internal training team in preparation for co-delivery.
- Ignition, Champion and Leaders events where we kick started the programme by enthusing key stakeholders and selected programme champions.
- Management Excellence courses for Regional, Branch and Team Managers.
- Adviser Excellence courses delivered across 9 different regions.
- Telephony Adviser Excellence courses specifically tailored for their Direct telephony team.
- Rolling Wave Embedding Events where we visited each branch providing additional coaching, 1-2-1s and support.
To learn more about how we deployed our DDDE approach and successfully delivered change across Skipton Building Society download our full white paper.
The programme helped enthuse employees and build a culture of excellence. Skipton Building Soceity achieved 90% on the Employee Engagement survey (Towers Watson) and have rated 58/100 in The Sunday Times ‘Best Company’ (to work for) survey.
Skipton Building Society placed 7th in the UK for Customer Excellence and the UKs top building society (Nunwood survey).
In 2014, the Society had one of its best ever years, welcoming over 54,000 new customers and recording an uplift in profit of £76 million, a 75% increase since 2013.
Increase in Profit
Increase in Lending
Together we entered the Delivering Services Excellence programme in the Training Journal Awards 2014, where it made a highly competitive final in two categories; Best Commercial Programme and Best Training Partnership.
Adviser and Manager Feedback;
I am even surprising myself here! I have really taken to this new way of doing things and have just booked another SFS [appointment]. I really thought I may struggle, as I am of a certain age, but am finding it refreshingly good.
“I’ve just done my first review!!! …They’d had a bad experience with us a few years ago but I now know a huge amount about the customers… and they have gone away with an appointment to see SFS. …There was a lot of laughter and I feel that the customers have gone away knowing that we care!”
The service was wonderful!
To be honest everything was perfect.
I think they treat everyone as an individual…The service was very good.