Delivering Service Excellence
Building Strong Customer Relationships
Training Journal Award Finalists in 2 categories:
Best Commercial Programme & Best Training Partnership
- Develop consultative sale skills, optimise performance and drive an improvement in the customer experience.
- Optimise Advisers’ capabilities to build and sustain long term customer relationships based on trust and consistent excellence.
- Bring about a shift in sales and management culture from a numbers centric approach to one where the customer takes priority.
- Implement a consistent value proposition and a best practice approach for customer conversations that puts the customer’s needs first.
- Deliver a sustained uplift in commercial outcomes by improving the customer experience.
Success for Skipton was about ensuring Advisers were able to explain the value of their service for each customer and build a long-term relationship.
The society sought a specialist consultancy to work alongside their Learning & Development team in the design and delivery of training for Managers and Advisers across multiple regions and branches.
- A Train the Trainer event to upskill the internal training team in preparation for co-delivery.
- Ignition, Champion and Leaders events where we kick started the programme by enthusing key stakeholders and selected programme champions.
- Management Excellence courses for Regional, Branch and Team Managers.
- Adviser Excellence courses delivered across 9 different regions.
- Telephony Adviser Excellence courses specifically tailored for their Direct telephony team.
- Rolling Wave Embedding Events where we visited each branch providing additional coaching, 1-2-1s and support.
To learn more about how we deployed our DDDE approach and successfully delivered change across Skipton Building Society download our full white paper.
Skipton Building Society placed 7th in the UK for Customer Excellence and the UKs top building society (Nunwood survey).
In 2014, the Society had one of its best ever years, welcoming over 54,000 new customers and recording an uplift in profit of £76 million, a 75% increase since 2013.
Increase in Profit