Performance Management & Capability Frameworks
Motivating Behavioural Excellence
As the FCA instigated RDR and industry wide “intense supervision”, Wesleyan sought to strengthen the ethical culture and behavioural alignment across their organisation. The implementation of a new remuneration scheme begot its own requirements including the embedding of new behavioural measures, the clarification of expected standards and enhanced performance management capabilities.
Bigrock were asked to manage the transition from simply measuring and rewarding hard sales metrics to capturing the actual impact on customers and other commercial outcomes.
Our discovery team began by reviewing current capability frameworks and gaining an understanding of Wesleyan’s particular needs and aspirations. We created a Performance Management & Capability Framework for National Sales Managers, Area Managers and Financial Consultants. This included the design of a capability matrix, performance ratings, supporting processes, policies and documentation for each role. We then designed and delivered a series of events to embed the frameworks within every day practice. These included:
- A Senior Leaders Launch Event to win hearts and minds of key stakeholders, explain the extent of the change programme and each individual leader’s role as both a people developer and a champion of change.
- A Performance Excellence Course for managers where we explained best practice use of the Performance Management & Capability Framework. The course also explored the development cycle, including how to;
– Select the right development interventions
– Run empowering development review meetings
– Carry out objective observations
– Coach team members to reach their potential
- Managers Cascade Training & Preparation Programme to enable managers to cascade training to their Financial Consultants.
Wesleyan’s Performance Management and Capability Framework was embedded in everyday business practice, ensuring aligned behaviours and a consistent client experience. The business was prepared for the new client focused regulatory environment. A development culture had been created within Wesleyan, ensuring best practice could be sustained.
Professional and credible – a motivational start to an exciting journey.
All of the course was very useful – I just wish I would have had this 4 years ago when I first became an Area Manager.
Has sparked a fire in me to be a better coach and manager.
Articulate, clear and enthusiastic delivery which has left me feeling charged and ready to make a start towards success.
Click below to download a printable pdf copy of this case study: